KENYA MISSION PARIS LAUNCHES HUDUMA NAMBA
National Integrated Identity Management System (NIIMS)/ Huduma Namba is a program which was initiated through Executive Order No. 1 of 2018 (National Integrated Identity Management System) to create and manage a Central Master Population Register which will be the authentic ‘source of truth’ of identity of all Kenya Citizens and persons residing in Kenya.
Huduma Namba is legally grounded on Sec 9A of the Registration of Persons Act, 2018.
The purpose of Huduma Namba is:
- To integrate and harmonize national identity data through biometric registration of all citizens and foreign nationals residing in Kenya to inform planning for national development.
- To assign a personal unique identification number to facilitate access to government services.
DIASPORA ONLINE REGISTRATION PROCEDURE
- Access the diaspora Registration Portal via the link https://diaspora.hudumanamba.go.ke
- Click on Register now
- Type first name and email address
- Click on create a new account
- You will receive a password on your email
- Use the password provided to log-in and access the form
- Fill – in the information then click on submit and save
- You will receive an acknowledgement email from huduma namba containing a Reference number and Document number.
You will then visit the embassy with the Reference number and Document Number for capturing biometrics.
REQUIREMENTS FOR REGISTRATION:
- Physical presence for biometric capture
- Primary Documents:
i) Kenyan Citizens:
– Birth Certificates for those under 18 years
– National ID Cards/ Passports for those above 18 years
ii) Foreign Nationals:
– Passport or Alien Card
All documents should be original
- In addition, at least any of the following ORIGINAL identification document or information concerning them where available:
- Birth Certificate (Death Certificate)
- NHIF Card
- NEMIS Card or number
- Employment card
- Marriage or Divorce Certificate
- Driving License,
- KRA PIN Certificate or number
- Kindly note Huduma Namba registration exercise is ongoing at the Kenya Embassy in Paris effective 6th of May 2019.